The Current Book I am Reading
I enjoy reading Larry Wingets work (get out of your awn way). Don't create a "To Do List"; create a "To Get Done List". ~ Larry Winget
This is a great book and will give you a kick in the butt!
Larry Winget has a style that is not your typical speaker. He is very straight-forward in his delivery.
Don't expect any fluff from this program...only straight answers and truth. Check out the book.
My Favorite Article this Week
7 Ways Leaders Can Inspire Commitment to Goals
How do great leaders inspire others to commit themselves to their goals? It’s not just that they have charismatic personalities, or that they give a lot of high-energy motivational talks. What they do is communicate their vision so effectively that other people adopt it as their own. - See more at: http://www.success.com/article/7-ways-leaders-can-inspire-commitment-to-goals?
My Favorite Kitchen Gadget
I have been cooking a lot with my Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker. (/suːˈviːd/; French for "under vacuum") is a method of cooking in which food is sealed in airtight plastic bags then placed in a water bath or in a temperature-controlled steam environment for longer than normal cooking times (95 hours or more in some cases) at an accurately regulated temperature much lower than normally used for cooking, typically around 55 to 60 °C (131 to 140 °F) for meat and higher for vegetables. The intent is to cook the item evenly, ensuring that the inside is properly cooked without overcooking the outside, and retain moisture.
- great packaging and protection
- easy to use device; set the temperature via the app and you are ready to go.
- basic easy to follow instruction manual
- when using correct cooking temperature for the food being prepared, food comes out PERFECT
- universal clamp can clamp onto most things that are less than 1" thick
- with sous vide in general, easy clean up
- currently it has just an iPone app, no andriod
- clamp design could be better; I'm no design expert so I can't pinpoint why, but it could be better..
- power cord could be longer but it works.
- manual is pretty simple/basic; could have offered a basic temperature cooking guide for different foods, but it doesn't have anything like that.
- Use the Cambro 12189CW135 4.75 Gallon Polycarbonate Food Storage Camera Box, it works well. Also use the Cambro (1218SCCW135) 12" x 18" Lid for Half-Size Food Box - Camera® SlidingLids , the sliding opening will help you with heat retention.
- I have been using vacuum bags and zip lock bags. Both seam to work well. For a quick pork tenderloin a zip lock will do. But for a more sealed in flavor a vacuum bag will work much better.
My Favorite Quote this Week
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
- Steve Jobs
My Favorite YouTube Video this Week
Plant-Based Indian Samosa Burgers I Plant-Based